Serving Size: 8-10 servings
For the Basil Syrup
1 cup of white granulated sugar
1 cup water
½ cup fresh basil (rinsed)
For the Punch
2 bottles of Default Love
¾ oz. pear nectar
½ oz fresh lemon juice
½ oz basil syrup
2 oz of sparkling rose wine (or enough to fill)
Garnish: basil and strawberries
Make the Basil Simple Syrup
- In a saucepan, add equal parts sugar and water (1 cup each is a good batch, though you can make more—increase the basil accordingly).
- Bring to a boil while stirring to dissolve the sugar.
- Add about 1/2 cup rinsed basil leaves, cover, and simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, keep covered, and allow it to infuse and cool (about an hour). Once cool, strain out the basil and bottle in a glass jar or bottle with a tight seal. The basil syrup should be stored in the refrigerator and will be good for about three weeks.
Make the Sparkling Strawberry Rosé Cocktail
- Pour the Default Love, pear nectar, lemon juice, and basil syrup into a wine glass filled with ice.
- Stir well.
- Top with sparkling wine.
- Garnish with a basil leaf and strawberry or your choice of seasonal fruits.
- Serve and enjoy!